One good thing about music...When it hits you, you feel no pain.
~Bob Marley~

"God only gives you what you have the strength to handle....sometimes i wish he didn't trust me so much."

I wanted a perfect ending...Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowng what's going to happen next.
~Gilda Radner~



New Moon

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

A New Blogger Friend

I just found this new blog called Kalyn's Kitchen. She lives in Salt Lake too, which doesn't really have anything to do with it, but I thought it was kind of cool. She was doing the South Beach Diet to lose weight, but now just does it because she likes it I guess. She posts recipes that are South Beach friendly, which also means they are good for me. This diet is eating the good kinds of Carbs and Fats for weight loss and overall better health. Bad carbs equals bad sugar, bad fat equals heart attacks.

Anyway, I've been looking at some of her recipes and its lookin good so far. I need to start eating better 1. because I'm gaining weight that I shouldn't be and 2. I get sick to my stomach and am going to develop diabetes if I don't. I think that last one should be enough of a push for me to do better. The problem: I developed really bad eating habits when I was little, and my parents never made me try things that I didn't want to try. And no, I'm not blaming them. I was just a very stubborn kid. Lets say I just finished Thanksgiving dinner and stuffed myself full. Put a bag of potato of chips anywhere near me, and I will empty the bag. In one sitting, by myself. Those kind of bad habits.

I'm going to start making more things that don't come in a box (i.e. Pastaroni, Hamburger Helper, etc.) because, can you say "preservatives"? That can't be good. I'm going to start buying more vegetables, but only what I know I will eat in a week so that I don't have to be throwing produce away. I hate that. I need to start cooking more even if Dave is hardly ever home to eat with me. A lot of these recipes she will tell you if they freeze well or how long they keep. That way, I can just grab something out of the fridge or freezer and go. And not have to worry about wasting all that food. And then Dave will have something to grab when he gets hungry (which is about every 3 hours).

Anyway, I'm off to do some more exploring. I'll let you know how it goes. If any of you want to check it out, there is a link to the right.

0 comments: