One good thing about music...When it hits you, you feel no pain.
~Bob Marley~

"God only gives you what you have the strength to handle....sometimes i wish he didn't trust me so much."

I wanted a perfect ending...Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowng what's going to happen next.
~Gilda Radner~



New Moon

Thursday, April 17, 2008

The Goblins

I said I would put some pictures up and so here are some of them!


This is the slot canyon behind our little camp. Our stuff was just over that little hill.











Here is my love after our hike up the little slot canyon.










This is me being a rockstar after our little hike :)





This is the Valley of the Goblins






This is Dave and Laynee on top of a goblin jungle gym











Me and Laynee on the jungle gym









Dave really likes taking pictures of my butt





We thought she looked like Simba on Pride Rock. Dave almost got a picture of just her standing there, but she moved before the camera clicked.









This is me being a rock climber




Dave climbed up the same place I did when I was a rock climber (see above) and then he disappeared for awhile. I went up to the hole he was in, and yelled "DAVE! Where did you go?" He never answered me so I decided to go sit on a rock and wait for him to scream, or come back down. Then I heard "CHELSEA!" I looked up and there he was, all the way at the top!




Here is our unofficial family photo




And this is what happens when you have a three hour drive after a two hour hike. My cute little (she's actually quite huge) puppy!










All in all, I think it was a pretty great trip. Even though it was way cold and windy on Friday and we were super bored because we had nothing to do because we didn't camp inside the park. We camped in BLM land. And the Goblins are only inside the park, and there are down below the horizon so you can't see them until you drive up to them.

We had fun though. Next we will be inviting more people, so that we aren't quite so bored out of our minds and playing yahtzee and war in our tent at 7:30 on a Friday night.


And in other news, I am super baby hungry! I don't know why, but I am and it sucks, because Dave says we can't have kids until he is done with school. So like 5 years. BAH!!!!!

0 comments: