One good thing about music...When it hits you, you feel no pain.
~Bob Marley~

"God only gives you what you have the strength to handle....sometimes i wish he didn't trust me so much."

I wanted a perfect ending...Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowng what's going to happen next.
~Gilda Radner~



New Moon

Monday, April 14, 2008

Some News

Okay kids, I don't know what this news means yet, except that if it really happens, its going to rock my world (again) in the worst way possible (again).

Dave's friend from the Marines, Cody, was supposed to meet us on Friday or Saturday, depending on when he could get out there. We were so excited to see Cody! Its been awhile. So we're driving to the Goblins, and Dave's phone beeps because he just got a voicemail. We were in a canyon and that's why it didn't ring. It was Cody.







He said he just got a Fed-EXed letter with orders that said he had 24 hours to report to Kansas City. He said he didn't know what that meant other than the Marine Corps said he had 24 hours to be there.

Dave called him back to see what was going on, and he just repeated what he had said in the message. They talked for awhile, and Dave told him to call when he found out what was going on. Then we went through another dead spot, and the call was dropped. Dave sent him a text that said the same thing. And we haven't heard from him yet.

That was Friday at about 2.

Needless to say we are freaking out. Dave, me, his parents, my parents. I don't know if I can handle him being gone again. I don't want him to be re-called. I hope that he doesn't, but at the same time, I don't want Cody to be the only one of Dave's Marine friends who got it. I would really rather no one got re-called, but apparently it doesn't matter what the families feel. It doesn't matter that these guys have been home for a year or more, and have new jobs and have settled into a new routine without worrying about when they have to go to Iraq again.

I'm upset. Angry. Pissed off at the President and the Marine Corps. I wasn't such a huge fan in the first place, and at this present moment I could kill someone. If you don't hear from me for a long while its because we moved to Canada. I'll send word to let you know we're okay :)

Anyway, I'll still put some of our Goblin pictures up, but I felt that the possiblity of impending recall doom was a bigger issue. I'll let you know what Cody says. If he went to Kansas City, or "took a wrong turn" and wound up in Ontario.

Everyone think good thoughts for us and Dave's friends please.

Ha Det!

0 comments: