One good thing about music...When it hits you, you feel no pain.
~Bob Marley~

"God only gives you what you have the strength to handle....sometimes i wish he didn't trust me so much."

I wanted a perfect ending...Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowng what's going to happen next.
~Gilda Radner~



New Moon

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Yoga




So I have done 2-30 minute, I don't know, sessions I guess. My first one yesterday after work yesterday, and one just now, and let me tell you...freakin' amazing! I have chronic lower back pain. It blows. I have a funny looking pillow attached to my chair at work for lumbar support. Dorky? Yes. This pain is caused by something called sacroiliitis (sack-row-ilee-itis). My chiropractor told me that is (in lay-mans terms) an inflamation of the sacroiliac joint(s).

It pretty much hurts me all the time. Hurts like nobody's business. Especially if I've been sitting in one position for a couple of hours without moving, or if I've been walking or standing for too long. It causes shooting pain up my back, sometimes it takes my breath away. It also has caused the nerves in my right leg to become somewhat desensitized. No reflexes, and my thigh is numb just below where my hand lands when its by my side.


Now the reason I am telling you all of this is because my back hurt yesterday after work, like it always does. And I did my yoga, and it doesn't hurt anymore. Nowhere. My muscles are sore in my arms and my shoulders because there is a lot of holding yourself up for long periods of time, but that is it! I told everyone about it today. That is how happy I am about.

I put off going to the doctor for the longest time because I didnt want them to tell me I had to go to the chiropractor. I don't like them. And it got to the point where if I wasn't at work, I was laying on the couch with a pillow under my bent knees and a heating pad under my back. So I finally went, and they didn't do anything but give me some muscle relaxers (that I could very well have an addiction to but I only had it twice so I don't take it anymore, but oh how I wish I could) and told me to do what I was already doing. Mostly because Navy doctors suck ass!

When we moved back here, I finally went to the chiropractor. I think I went twice a week for like 4 weeks. Then the day I said, "Oh, I get to go have my back popped today!" was the day I said no more.

So I was just back to dealing with it.

Anyway, that is my awesome news. My back no longer hurts. And now I'm going to ruin all my beautiful Yoga-ness with some pizza and a few premium malt beverages in wild grape flavor. Tastes like an otterpop. Yum!

0 comments: