One good thing about music...When it hits you, you feel no pain.
~Bob Marley~

"God only gives you what you have the strength to handle....sometimes i wish he didn't trust me so much."

I wanted a perfect ending...Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowng what's going to happen next.
~Gilda Radner~



New Moon

Friday, November 16, 2007

My old friend

I have an old, dear friend (I sound like I'm 90) that I used to be extremely close with. We would hang out together on a regular basis, have sleepovers, the usual things that grade-schoolers do.

I remember the last time I saw her, I believe it was the last time anyway. She had a party. It may have been a birthday party or it may have been a going away party. We went to Raging Waters. That is just about the coolest place you could go in 3rd or 4th grade except Lagoon.

I had to leave early. I don't remember why, but I remember standing on the sidewalk by the parking lot by myself waiting for my mom. I don't think I know why she moved to Michigan, but she was gone. My dearest friend since I could remember. The only one I kept after I moved to a new house. And then she moved to a new state and we didn't keep in touch.

I remember that she called me on the phone once, she probably called more but I only remember this one. I was so excited when my mom said it was her on the phone, but when I picked up, I found there wasn't much to say.

I miss her greatly and have recently found her again. We converse with each other, but only on very rare occasions. She has a very, no extremely, busy life and I am so happy for her. I know I couldn't do it, but then I know I'm not Kimberly.

1 comments:

Kimberly said...

Chelsea,

Your words and thoughtfulness cannot have come at a better time. I am currently trying to overcome a bad situation with my boyfriend, Andrew, of 3 years.

Today, your words warmed my heart and gave me motivation to keep trying.

Thanks. I miss you.