One good thing about music...When it hits you, you feel no pain.
~Bob Marley~

"God only gives you what you have the strength to handle....sometimes i wish he didn't trust me so much."

I wanted a perfect ending...Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowng what's going to happen next.
~Gilda Radner~



New Moon

Thursday, November 15, 2007

Babies

My boss's son and his girlfriend broke the news awhile ago that they were pregnant. It was a shocker for her family, of course, but what can you do.

Not long after, they broke the news that it was twins. *SHOCK* After that, everyone had gotten used to the idea that there was going to be new babies in the family and that they were going to be a grandma, grandpa, aunt, etc.

Ashley, the girlfriend, was supposed to have her find out what they are appointment this coming Friday. It was going to be an excitng day. Note the key word 'was'.

My boss, Donna, didn't come to work yesterday. Ashley was in the hospital and she lost the babies. Both of them. 2 little girls who were born alive and then closed their eyes and went back to sleep. Talya (gift from god) and Neveah (Na-vay-ah heaven spelled backwards). Needless to say Donna is upset and everyone is asking her questions and she keeps crying.

I asked her one thing when I got to work this morning..."how are you doing". Though I new the answer, I still needed to ask. I couldn't just walk by her office and not say anything. I couldn't say I'm sorry, or I know how you feel. Because I don't know how they are feeling, and sorry just isn't close to enough.

I am telling this story because this is the only reason that I am scared to get pregnant. I don't want to get attached to the idea of finally having a baby and then just suddenly its gone. I wouldn't be able to handle that. I always tell Dave that if that happens, to just hold me. And not to let me go until I say its okay. It would be the worst day of my life if that happened to me.

1 comments:

The Linnett Log said...

I feel the same way!