One good thing about music...When it hits you, you feel no pain.
~Bob Marley~

"God only gives you what you have the strength to handle....sometimes i wish he didn't trust me so much."

I wanted a perfect ending...Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowng what's going to happen next.
~Gilda Radner~



New Moon

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Guess What?

I'm losing weight! I'm pretty excited. I've been doing really good about walking (fast, no strolling here) at least 3 times a week. I've been feeling very bad about gaining weight and I've decided that I need to do something about it, or it isn't going to change.

Nothing too major just yet, but I can definitely see (and feel) a difference from a month ago. I used to be obsessed with looking good when I was in high school, and then after I graduated it didn't seem like such a big deal anymore. And then I got married.

I'm not going to say how much I've gained in the 2 years since, but I will say that it isn't good. Not good at all. I weighed 130 the day I got married, and you can all just know that that number has gone up. Way up. But I'm trying to remedy that.

All these feelings got worse when Dave came home the other night and told me that he lost 13 pounds since the last time we checked. I knew he lost weight because his belly looked a lot smaller, but I didn't know it was 13 pounds smaller. He also gained weight when we got married. He blames me and my cooking. But I'm okay with that.

Anyway, we're planning a trip to Las Vegas in September, and I'm trying to look good in my swimsuit by then. I bought the cutest swimsuit this summer, and I'm not even a huge fan of wearing it. But, I'm also going to fix that.

Wish me luck!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

Good luck Chelsea! You look great, you'll have to teach me what you're doing so I can get the last bit of baby weight off. Have fun this week camping.