One good thing about music...When it hits you, you feel no pain.
~Bob Marley~

"God only gives you what you have the strength to handle....sometimes i wish he didn't trust me so much."

I wanted a perfect ending...Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowng what's going to happen next.
~Gilda Radner~



New Moon

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Bear Lake!



We finally got to go to Bear Lake again! Not the first time for the year, but I say the last time didn't count. Dave had to help put a floor in the kitchen of the house, and running around Fish Haven by myself just doesn't appeal to me.

I forgot to take to the camera when we actually went down to the water. If I would have remembered, I could show you all me lying on the sand because the dog clothes-lined me. It hurt. I was putting on some sunscreen, and the dog's tie out was hooked to a clip in the bed of the truck. So like chest height. She started moving, fast, and I could see the lead tightening up and coming right at me, so I decided to jump over it.

It would have worked, if the tie out was in the ground. But it wasn't. Chest height, remember. The lead tightened while I was in mid-air and caught my shins taking my legs out from underneath me.

POW! KABLAM! I caught myself on my shoulder. Only my shoulder. And then the dog came and jumped on me. Big ol' scratch on my thigh. Dave just stood there laughing. Me...not so much.

That was the best story of the trip, if you ask him.

Mine is all the poppies that just grow wild up there. They're everywhere.






We took a walk up Fish Haven Canyon Road. I've been up there before, but like 5 years ago, and I don't remember the poppies.




Everywhere



They were beautiful! I love it up there! It is the most relaxing place I've ever known. I love that we have a house up there on the lake that we can just go to. We don't have to spend any money, no worrying about anything except mowing the grass. I wish I could live there in the summer. Not so much in the winter, too much snow. And we all know what mine and snow's relationship is these days.

Anyway, you can all be jealous :)

Ha! Just kidding!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

That story is hillarious!!! I'm glad you enjoy Bear Lake too. It's fun to go up there and now bring spouses and kids because we spent so much time up there when we were kids and loved it. I'm sure Dave had a lot of Bear Lake memories.
I love the new wedding pictures you added, especially the windy day for bridals picture!!

Cass and Hailey Ross said...

Thanks Chels i really appreciate ya! How are things going with you guys? Its weird we never hang out any more..im not sure why ha ha!!