One good thing about music...When it hits you, you feel no pain.
~Bob Marley~

"God only gives you what you have the strength to handle....sometimes i wish he didn't trust me so much."

I wanted a perfect ending...Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowng what's going to happen next.
~Gilda Radner~



New Moon

Monday, February 4, 2008

Could this be the day?

My mom just called to say that she was on her way to my Grandma's house. My aunt called her and left her a near hysterical message. She said that Grandmas was "talking to someone" saying that she would be there soon, and that she would hurry, she was going as fast as she could, things like that. Grandma told my aunt that today was the day she was going to die, and that she wanted all of her kids to be there.

She has been falling down a lot, a lot, and has stopped eating and drinking. Everyone thinks that the tumor has metastasized to her brain stem and that's why she keeps falling. We knew that when it got to that point it would only be a matter of days before she was gone.

At the same time, this could also just be the tumor getting bigger and pushing on a different part of her brain and making her act loopier. But if she is saying that she's going, no one is going to dismiss it. I hope it doesn't happen right now. I really don't want it to happen on my birthday, because that's all I would remember for the rest of my life.

I know I feel terrified and worried and sad, but there are some other emotions in me that I don't even know how to describe. I couldn't even begin to tell you what I'm feeling completely. I really need my husband to wake up so I can talk to him. Hopefully he'll be up before I go back to work from lunch. I just need a hug.

0 comments: