One good thing about music...When it hits you, you feel no pain.
~Bob Marley~

"God only gives you what you have the strength to handle....sometimes i wish he didn't trust me so much."

I wanted a perfect ending...Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowng what's going to happen next.
~Gilda Radner~



New Moon

Monday, December 31, 2007

Grandma Pedersen

So I found out on Friday that my Grandma Pedersen isn't going to be with us much longer. She has been acting really loopy for that last like 2 weeks or so and everyone just thought she was old, or stressed from Christmas or whatever. She had been sick and was dehydrated, so when my aunt found her in the kitchen walking in circles because she couldn't make the potato salad for all the people who were coming to stay at her house (they weren't coming for 2 more days and it was just my aunt and uncle ) she decided to call her doctor.
He said to bring her in so they could get some fluids in her and maybe that would help.
Fluids were given.
Scans were done.
Masses were found.
They found one on her brain, and some in her lungs. A year at the most if she does the radiation, and they're talking weeks if she doesn't. She already said that she would not do chemo period, so I don't know how the radiation thing is going to go. I almost think she won't do it because she already knows that it isn't going to make her better, but I don't know.

This is going to be a bad year or less. For everyone. I haven't talked to my grand parents for a few years. I saw them and talked to them for a couple of hours this summer, but that's it. I think that's the biggest part of me being upset. The other part is that this is the first time I'm old enough to be affected by losing someone in my family, and I'm realizing what that feels like.

So far my mom is doing alright. But she isn't an emotional person at all, so I don't really know how she is.

I'll keep you all updated.

Thanks for listening!

0 comments: