One good thing about music...When it hits you, you feel no pain.
~Bob Marley~

"God only gives you what you have the strength to handle....sometimes i wish he didn't trust me so much."

I wanted a perfect ending...Now I've learned, the hard way, that some poems don't rhyme, and some stories don't have a clear beginning, middle, and end. Life is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowng what's going to happen next.
~Gilda Radner~



New Moon

Friday, September 26, 2008

My World has Officially been Rocked. Again.

So remember when I said I had some news? Well it has come back. We thought we were safe from it, but turns out we were wrong.

The ending of that some news story from April is that Cody did get recalled, and has to report to Camp Pendleton sometime in November (I believe). Dave got a call from his parent's (who are in Hawaii) neighbors saying that they had some mail for him from Kansas City. He was hoping it was his medical records that he sent for, but, always the pessimist, I knew better. All I know right now is that he has to report to Kansas City for screening for possible recall. I think that's how he said it.

We don't know if he will be recalled (trying to be positive), but I had to say it somewhere because my hands are shaking so bad right now I can hardly hit the right keys.

I tried to call him about prices for hotels and flights to Kansas City, but he hit the ignore key I'm assuming. He is either on the phone with HQ Marine Corps, or on the phone with his mom. She isn't going to be happy about this either. When we told her in April about Cody's letter and the possiblity of Dave getting one, she just shook her head.

I'll let you all know when we find out more. But the only thing I can think of right now is they wouldn't go to all the trouble of screening him if there wasn't a big chance he would be recalled. Somebody kick that though out of my head! Please!

1 comments:

Kelly said...

I just got off the phone with Dave and I am freaking out Chelsea!!! I asked him how you were handeling it and if you were freaking out? I had no idea that there was even the possibility of Dave getting recalled! We'll be praying that it won't happen and if it does you'll have to hang out with Talon and I cause if our house doesn't sell Dev will be traveling a ton! We love you guys!